Saturday, July 5, 2008

Typical

So I took all these great pictures and video from 4th of July and of course I left both cameras at my Mom's house last night. The funny thing (or the pathetic thing, depends how you look at it) is that as I watched my Mom move the cameras from the table whilst prepping it for dinner, I thought to myself, "I should put those in the baby bag because I'll forget them on the entertainment center if I don't move them right now."

And then I reached for my champagne glass and did not move myself, let alone the cameras.

Ah well. It's not like they're far away. A 15 minute drive would retrieve them.

Maybe tomorrow.

I will, once I get the camera, post a very blurry picture of my new haircut (I shall blur my face, not my hair. I suspect I would be recognizable from my face - one hopes! - but not my hair since none of you know what it was like before). This anonymous thing is a pain, it turns out.

In other news, AnonaBaby did not like fireworks one bit this year. Last year she was only 5 weeks old and didn't notice them. This year we thought she might be interested, if she was awake, and she was, so we took her into the front yard to watch our neighbors set off their Safe and Sanes. We're too cheap to buy any ourselves, but my Mom's next door neighbors treat the whole block to a pyrotechnics show, and are extremely safety conscious.

However, AnonaBaby was very unnerved by the entire spectacle, and rather than scar her for life we opted to remove her to the safety of the front window. She watched for about 6 seconds and then toddled off to the back of the house where there were no fireworks at all thankyouverymuch. Thus it was that a wide variety of lovely sparks and flames were going on outside and we were stuck in the living room watching 1776.

The end.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home