Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Down Tonight

For some reason I'm feeling really down tonight. I should be happy - school's almost out, which means lots and lots of time with my baby. And I am happy about that.

But I'm also really ambivalent about possibly going to a new job, and about my life in general. I should be really happy with what I have.. and I am... but there are problems, too. Secret cracks, quiet holes. Things I can't talk about with anyone though I wish to God I could. I don't feel I have any right to be so goddamn sad. And I don't. I know how fucking lucky I am - anyone not nearly so lucky will be glad to tell you just how good I have it.

And that's the thing. Anybody has it worse if you look hard enough. In my case, you don't even have to look very hard.

Does that mean I have no right to be sad?

Or does it really just mean I have no right to talk about the sadness?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home